Sunday, December 25, 2016

Ko Pha-Ngan - Opening day tradition

December 21st.
Solid tradition now !!
New place, early morning run.
This time again, tropical rain.
Since it is 6 days before the race I took it easy. 40 minutes easy run.

I then went on to change accommodation.
The bungalow I had was ok, but there were cheaper and better option.
I decided to head to the North East part of the Island, on the opposite corner to the party area in a much quieter place to the Shiralea resort.
The resort is a perfect place with swimming pool, close to beautiful beaches.

After lunch (pad thai ... what else) and check in, I headed to Ko Ma, an island / peninsula you can walk on to... you have max 50 cm shallow cristal clear deep water for 100m to get there. The place is perfect for snorkeling. Beaches are full of corals of any color you can imagine. It feels like a giant fish tank.
Coral beach of Ko Ma
Happy dog chillin' in front of Ko Ma
My snorkeling spot on Ko Ma
It was soon time for diner. For this I was looking for a perfect spot to record a timelapse and enjoy a nice pad thai (sorry for this obsession of mine - if you don't know what a pad thai is, go to a Thai restaurant. Please.).
We stopped at the Flying Dutchman... One of the nicest place I have been to so far. It is quiet, peaceful heartwarming and the food is de-li-cious.

View from the Flying Dutchman
Tomorrow will be an important day... The day of THE CHALLENGE. My expectations have been building up so high. The place looks like a Wipeout playground for whoever is up for the "Challenge". Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment